Below is the full list of Shopify permissions you need for Madgicx:
- Draft orders
- Gift cards
- Online store
- Blog posts and pages
- Manage settings
- Apps and channels
- Manage and install apps and channels
If you’re not the admin, you won’t necessarily have these permissions and will need to get the admin to go to the Settings in the Shopify account and then add you via the “User and permissions” section.
Here’s a handy message you can copy-paste to the admin of your Shopify account:
Hey, I need permission to manage apps in our Shopify account. Could you spare a few minutes to help me out? (it’s quick and painless, promise 😉)
- Go to Settings (⚙️) in Shopify (bottom-right corner)
- Head to “Users and permissions” in the left-hand sidebar
- Click on my name in the list (if you don’t see me, then you will need to add me)
- In the “Permissions” section that appears below, make sure I have the "Manage and install apps and channels" permission, in addition to several other permissions (see which in this screenshot):
That’s it! Appreciate it if you could get this done ASAP 🙏
On this page
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Try our FAQ
Check out the answers to our most frequently asked questions. If you can’t find the answer there, you’ll be able to contact our support team.